Attorneys For Limited Partnerships
Secure Your Wealth with Help from The Presser Law Firm, P.A.
More people are forming limited partnerships (LP) to shelter their wealth. This is for several good reasons. The limited partnership allows them continued control over their assets while protecting their wealth from lawsuits and creditors. It also can reduce gift and estate taxes.
Discover more about this topic by clicking one of the links below:
- Fundamentals of a Family Limited Partnership
- Formation of a Family Limited Partnership
- How to Structure a Family Limited Partnership
- Multiple Uses of a Family Limited Partnership
- Transferring Assets to a Family Limited Partnership
- How Family Limited Partnerships Creditor-Proofs your Assets
- When the Charging Order Fails
- Family Limited Partnerships as a Personal Liability Protector
- Bankruptcy and the Family Limited Partnership
- Combining Family Limited Partnerships and International Trusts
- Combining Family Limited Partnerships and International LLC's
- How to Reduce Estate Taxes
- Nine Ways to Maximize Family Limited Partnership Protection
Few legal entities can match the limited partnership's many advantages as a wealth protector. At The Presser Law Firm, P.A., our lawyers can assist you with asset protection matters concerning this type of business structure.
A Business Structure You Can Rely on
Sometimes called the family limited partnership or FLP, the limited partnership is not a new type of business entity. It has a long tradition for asset protection with implications in tax and estate planning going back to 1916 with the Uniform Limited Partnership Act. Its history in the more-thhan-100 years since has proven the limited partnership's stability, predictability and dependability for wealth preservation.
What the Presser Law Firm, P.A. Can Do for You
We organize hundreds of family limited partnerships each year and have yet to have a limited partnership fail to protect a client's assets. That's a strong endorsement for the limited partnership and our capability to prepare a plan to protect your wealth.
To lawsuit-proof your personal assets, you have a choice of entities. Each type of entity has its own characteristics and features. Selecting the best entity in your circumstances involves many considerations.
The range of choices also depends greatly upon the entities intended purpose. For instance, if the limited partnership is to conduct an active business, you must evaluate it against the sole proprietorship, limited liability company and corporation.
If your goal is tax reduction, estate planning or asset protection, then we would weigh the limited partnership against different trusts, limited liability companies and alternative methods to safely title assets. Alternative entities are sometimes preferable to the limited partnership.
Consider every factor when you evaluate each entity. Our attorneys for limited partnerships can provide assistance to clients like you who need to safeguard their assets.
Yes, You Can Lose Everything!
You may think that your wealth is safe and that you don't need protection. But don't delude yourself and accept reality — For every 60 minutes you spend making money, spend 60 seconds thinking about how to protect it!