List of Financial Planning Exemptions by State
The following is a breakdown of Federal and State exemptions for the more common financial planning tools as of April 2013. See the Federal Exemptions at the following link:
If you have any other questions as to a planning tool not listed here or would like to talk about how to use these tools in your Asset Protection plan then please call or email us and schedule a complimentary preliminary consultation.
Overview: The following financial planning tools are great to use with your asset protection plan. Click on the link beside the planning tool you want to learn more about.
- Retirement Accounts and Planning (Learn more about Retirement Accounts here)
- The Homestead Exemption (Learn more about what the Homestead Exemption is here)
- Life Insurance Contracts(Learn more about Life Insurance here)
- Annuity Contracts (Learn more about Annuities here)
- College Savings Plans: 529 Plans and Pre-paid Tuition Contracts (Learn more about College Savings Plan here)
- Wage Accounts (Learn more about Wage Accounts here)
- Miscellaneous Asset Exemptions (Learn more about Miscellaneous Asset Exemptions here)
DISCLAIMER: These codes may not be the most current version. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
Yes, You Can Lose Everything!
You may think that your wealth is safe and that you don't need protection. But don't delude yourself and accept reality — for every 60 minutes you spend making money, spend 60 seconds thinking about how to protect it!