Massachusetts Financial Planning Exemptions
- Retirement Accounts Exemption: Limited to deposits equal to 7% of debtor's total income in preceding 5 years (though limitation likely not applicable to rollover IRAs).
- Automatic Homestead: $125,000
- Declared Homestead: $500,000 individually or $1,000,000 if owned Tenancy by the Entirety.
- Life Insurance Exemption: 100%
- Annuity (Non-IRA/ERISA) Cash Value Exemption: None.
DISCLAIMER: These codes may not be the most current version. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
Yes, You Can Lose Everything!
You may think that your wealth is safe and that you don't need protection. But don't delude yourself and accept reality — for every 60 minutes you spend making money, spend 60 seconds thinking about how to protect it!