New York Financial Planning Exemptions
- Retirement Accounts Exemption: 100%
- $165,550 for the counties of Kings, New York, Queens, Bronx, Richmond, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, and Putnam
- $131,325 for the counties of Dutchess, Albany, Columbia, Orange, Saratoga and Ulster
- $82,775 for the remaining counties in the state (husband and wife may double)
- Life Insurance Exemption: 100%
- Annuity (Non-IRA/ERISA) Cash Value Exemption: 100%, however, court may order that debtor pay creditor just and proper amount with due regard for the reasonable requirements of the debtor and dependents.
DISCLAIMER: These codes may not be the most current version. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
Yes, You Can Lose Everything!
You may think that your wealth is safe and that you don't need protection. But don't delude yourself and accept reality — for every 60 minutes you spend making money, spend 60 seconds thinking about how to protect it!