Arkansas Financial Planning Exemptions
- Retirement Accounts Exemption: $20,000 limit on IRAs
- Homestead Exemption: Generally 100% protection depending on the size of the homestead -AK offers two options based on the size of the property:
- If the homestead is outside any city, town, or village, owned and occupied as a residence shall consist of no more than 160 acres not exceeding $2,500. In no event shall the Homestead be reduced to less than 80 acres.
- If homestead is in any city, town, or village, owned and occupied as a residence shall consist of no more than 1 acre not exceeding $2,500. In no event shall the Homestead be reduced to less than 1/4 acre.
- Life Insurance Exemption: 100%
- Annuity (Non-IRA/ERISA) Cash Value Exemption: 100%
DISCLAIMER: These codes may not be the current version. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
Yes, You Can Lose Everything!
You may think that your wealth is safe and that you don't need protection. But don't delude yourself and accept reality — for every 60 minutes you spend making money, spend 60 seconds thinking about how to protect it!