International companies are namely used primarily for Asset Protection as in most jurisdictions these International Business Companies Or Corporations (IBC)'s cannot functionally conduct business in the state of incorporation.
These companies can be set up in jurisdictions such as the Virgin Islands, Nevis, and Dominica (this is by far not an exhaustive list of jurisdictions).
While International Companies are not great for operating businesses, they are great to form for investing activities and/or for Asset Protection to keep the profits of you domestic business safe from creditor threats.
The advantages to using international Companies to shield your business wealth and for your investment purposes include:
- International Financial Centers offer very strong asset protection laws and pro-debtor policies.
- International Financial Centers offer a predictable and sound legal and political system.
- International Financial Centers offer no taxes on foreign capital.
- International Financial Centers offer financial privacy and confidentiality.
- International Financial Centers offer no exchange controls.
As far as which jurisdictions are best, we talk about this in our international Asset Protection section of this website.
Review the following links for more information on International Business Entities:
If you have any more questions on international Companies please have a complimentary preliminary consultation with our firm by filling out the contact us form.
Yes, You Can Lose Everything!
You may think that your wealth is safe and that you don't need protection. But don't delude yourself and accept reality — for every 60 minutes you spend making money, spend 60 seconds thinking about how to protect it!